Important Links/Information

Fellow Addicts

Friday, May 4, 2012

OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre?


P1050771

Ugh...OPI is so obnoxious with it's use of punctuation in it's polish names. That's beside the point, though. Today's polish is a gorgeous, delicate pink from the recently released Ballet collection. From swatches I saw online, I thought it was a lot paler but it is pleasantly pink in person in all lighting. This is my first set of photos with short nails :(. But, I am getting used to them. I think they're kinda cute now. What do you guys think? Anywho, onto the pictures. They are all 3 coats of You Callin' Me A Lyre?.

P1050772
The accent nail is 3 coats of the OPI, 1 coat of Pretty & Polished Valentino, 1 coat China Glaze Luxe and Lush, and 1 coat of NYC Starry Silver Glitter. I love how delicate the glitter looks. Click the pics to see better detail.

P1050773


P1050774


P1050775

P1050776

P1050777
I feel like these pics are kinda grainy today, so sorry for that but I was in a rush to take pics. I am using flickr for pictures now, so hopefully the quality is significantly better since Blogger won't be able to distort them to it's liking. 
Happy Polishing,
J
P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!

4 comments:

  1. I was a bit blah about this collection but seeing the pink on you it looks amazing! Great feature nail too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the whole collection because sometimes I get in a sheer mood...plus I really want to make jelly sandwiches in the future. I almost made the accent nail a jelly sandwich, but it was so pretty that I stopped there.

      Delete
  2. That pink looks lovely! I wasn't interested in this collection because they seemed too sheer but this just changed my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know longer nails will have a little more obvious VNL, but this was a lot less sheer than I was expecting! And this polish had more color than I thought from swatches I had seen!

      Delete

Please do not link to your blog in the comments. You can email me [life.nailpolish [at] yahoo.com] if you want me to read your blog or just to contact me in general. Comments with links will not be published. I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment.